The foundation of your home is probably one feature you don’t pay too much attention to, it’s not something that contributes to the overall aesthetics of your home and is typically out of sight. However, this installation is one of the most important in the structure. Any kind of deterioration or damage to it can cause your house structure to become unsafe and unstable.
If you have spotted any signs of foundation damage, it is important to call the experts like the ones at All Aspects Waterproofing, without delay. We are one of the most reputed contractors in this space and have been providing excellent waterproofing and structural repair solutions for over 30 years now.
How would you know there is structural damage?
Here are some of the signs to look out for:
- The floors seem to be unevenly leveled
- A corner of your home seems to be much lower compared to other areas in your home
- The basement & exterior walls have very large & visible cracks in them
- The doors and windows don’t open and shut smoothly, or they just get jammed
- There could be problems in the drainage system in your home
What is Footer Underpinning?
We use a method called Footer Underpinning to stabilize the impacted foundation. The different types of underpinning available are:
- Concrete underpinning – this is typically used for heavier structures
- Wall anchors – these help stabilize & support bowed/cracking basement walls
The other methods used:
In many cases, Footer Underpinning may be used in conjunction with other basement wall repair and strengthening methods such as installation of Steel I beams, carbon fiber straps, wall pinning, and use of epoxy injections. The methods we use will be based on the nature and severity of the deterioration or damage. We use the latest equipment, materials and techniques in our work and ensure that the job is completed to your 100% satisfaction.
For all types of basement waterproofing, repairs of foundation walls using Footer Underpinning and related products and services in the MD, DC, & VA areas, call All Aspects Waterproofing at 866-999-3110. We have been operating in this space for over 30 years and know what it takes to provide customized solutions and personalized services.