Regardless of how good the basement waterproofing is, in many homes, basement doors become a vulnerable point in the entire set-up. Since these doors are typically below ground level, storm water tends to accumulate at the base and even seeps in from under them into the basement. In case of a heavy downpour, this can lead to flooding in the basement. The one simple solution to this common problem is installation of stairwell drains.
We at All Aspects Waterproofing are the expert professionals that can help with this installation. We have been operating in this industry for over 30 years and know exactly which solutions will work best for our customers. We know how detrimental water pooling and flooding can be. Not only does it become a nuisance, but it causes a lot of damage to your foundation and other features in the basement.
Stairwell drains- what are they?
We also know that every home is different and the stairwell drains we install will be designed to fit the available space. Take a look at how these work:
- These drains are designed with half-round pipe sections and have a grated top-fitting
- When they are installed, they are flush with the concrete floor and there is no obstructive or ugly-looking protrusion on the ground
- This installation supplements the existing perimeter drain system
- It essentially spans the entire basement staircase area, collecting all the water that spills there; the water is then directed towards the perimeter drain & your sump pump system
- We can install this across the entire entrance of the hatchway; alternatively, we can extend it into the hatchway itself too
- At times, we may install it along garage doorways or other entrances where water might intrude
High grade materials
While the stairwells drain system seems pretty simple, it is highly effective as long as the installation is handled by experienced professionals. We know exactly how important it is to capture surface water and prevent it from getting into the basement. No matter which other waterproofing systems you use, this is one of the most effective ways of keeping the basement dry.
We use heavy-duty reinforced plastic drains and grates and you wont have to worry about moisture damage, corrosion, rust or breakage. For the best stairwells drain and all types of basement waterproofing solutions and related products and services in the MD, DC & VA areas, call All Aspects Waterproofing at 866-999-3110. You can also schedule an absolutely free basement waterproofing estimate using this online form.