Crawlspace excavations- the process we follow
This is a specialized job and only an experienced company would be able to handle it without compromising the integrity of your house structure. We at All Aspects Waterproofing have been operating in this field for over 30 years now. In this time we have handled a significant number of crawlspace excavations projects for homeowners in and around MD, DC & VA. We follow a very methodical and detailed work process in these excavations:
- An access point will be cut cleanly into the foundation- this is done to allow for soil removal. At the end of the project, we will also install and crawlspace door at that point.
- We will very carefully examine the support columns and perimeter foundation wall, and determine a proper slope distance. The latter is done to ensure that we don’t compromise or undermine the load-bearing foundation in any way.
- Our personnel will then start hand-digging the crawlspace soil; a vacuum truck, escalator or sleds will be used to remove the soil.
- A range of crawlspace excavations techniques will be used,
based on the structure of your home & the surrounding outdoor areas.
- At times, we may have to retrofit the support columns & beams for the excavations
- In most cases waterproofing the crawlspace becomes part of this project and we may install an internal water drainage system. We offer a range of moisture control techniques and if you don’t have a sump pump already, we could install that too.
- Crawls space encapsulation technology will be used to effectively reduce excessive humidity; this prevents the growth of mold and eliminates unhealthy conditions in these spaces. In the encapsulation process, an extra- heavy reinforced vapor barrier is used to line the crawlspace floor and the foundation walls. It is the best way to isolate the crawlspace from the outside air and the ground.
For all types of crawlspace excavations, basement waterproofing solutions, and related products and services in the MD, DC & VA areas, call All Aspects Waterproofing at 866-999-3110. You can also schedule an absolutely free basement waterproofing estimate using this online form. Scheduling right away also entitles you to a 10% discount on your estimate.