Interior & Exterior Waterproofing
As a homeowner, you take great care to ensure your property is maintained well. After all, it represents a significant investment and is a place where you and your family live. Heavy rainfall, snow melts and snowstorms can cause considerable damage to your home and the basement. This is why you want to ensure these areas have the appropriate interior & exterior waterproofing. When you start looking at what options there are, you will find there are a variety of them.
Before you decide on which one to use, it is important that you get advice from experts in the field. All Aspects Waterproofing is one of the most reputed companies in the field and we have the expertise to handle all types of interior & exterior waterproofing jobs. Both these methods are distinctly different from each other. Take a detailed look at what is involved in both:
Interior waterproofing ensures that all water leaks in the basement are redirected to the outside and away from the house. The different components of this system are:
- Pipes and drains- these catch leaks and can be installed just under the foundation to collect any excess groundwater
- All this water is channeled to a sump pit
- The sump pump ensures the water is pumped out of the basement & away from your home
- Installation of vapor barriers
- Sealing all the cracks & leaks that are allowing the water into your basement
This is essentially the first line of defense against water; it includes:
- Gutters & downspouts that efficiently collect all the water and lead it away from the home structure. This is exactly why it’s so important to ensure that your gutters are clear of all dirt and debris.
- The waterproof membrane is the other important component of exterior waterproofing; this is installed all around the foundation of your home. It helps seal-out the moisture.
- The exterior drainage system comes next; it’s like a typical French drain and requires some work as we have to excavate all along the foundation of your home.
- We then fit drain tiles in the trench (which carry water away from the foundation), right around the house; these will be surrounded by gravel and covered with soil.
Regardless of which method you prefer, we at All Aspects Waterproofing can help you with comprehensive interior & exterior waterproofing solutions. For more information, call us at 866-999-3110. You can also schedule an absolutely free basement waterproofing estimate using this online form.