4 Signs of Mold Growth in Your Home

Mold growth in the home is not only inconvenient, but can also be dangerous for your health!

Mold growth in the home is not only inconvenient, but can also be dangerous for your health!

The last thing you want to find in your home is mold, but unfortunately it is more common than we think. This is especially true for homes that are prone to moisture accumulation. Mold is not only inconvenient, but it can actually be dangerous to our health if left untreated. Here are four signs of mold growth in your home.

Mold Smell

With mold growth comes a very distinct, unpleasant smell. This is one of the easiest ways to determine if there is mold growing in your home. If the mold is present on the outside of your home, it gives off a stale smell. Mold on the inside of your home smells damp and musty, which makes sense because moisture is what causes it to grow. If you have come across a moldy smell, you want to contact a professional immediately and have a mold inspection done.

Water Leaks

If your home experiences water leaks every so often, this can be a sign of mold growth. This could be anything from a leaky pipe in the bathroom to a leak from the roof. Any time there is a substantial amount of water built up where it isn’t supposed to be, there is a good chance that there is mold present as well, even if you can’t see it. Water leaks can lead to mold growth in places that you may likely never look at, so you want to contact a professional even if there’s no visible mold.

Water Intrusion/Flooding

If your home floods or has flooded in the past for any reason, there is a good chance that there is mold growing somewhere. This is because it’s difficult to clean up a flood in its entirety, so it’s likely that there will be some water left behind. If your home does flood, it is best to contact a waterproofing company or a mold remediation company to ensure that the flooded area is cleaned up properly and thoroughly.

Health Problems

As mentioned before, mold growth can actually have negative effects on your health, specifically black mold. Also known as toxic mold, this type of mold contains mycotoxins which are bad for our health. You may notice that everytime you are in your home, you have cold or allergy symptoms. If you only have these symptoms while inside, then this can be a sign of toxic mold growth and you want to contact a professional immediately.

Contact All Aspects Waterproofing Today for Your Mold Inspection!

If you are ready to get a professional to waterproof your home’s basement, contact All Aspects Waterproofing, a Better Business Bureau A+ rated company with over 30 years of experience in the Washington, DC./Maryland/Virginia area. We have a great deal of experience in waterproofing, mold testing, and mold remediation, and we want to make you feel at home again. Contact us online or by calling 1-866-999-3110 or 301-766-4420.  To see what we’re up to, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube,LinkedIn, and Houzz.

This entry was posted on Friday, September 21st, 2018 at 3:54 pm. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.

###Multiple form trigger