Signs Of Toxic Mold In Your Home

Toxic mold can come in many forms and is poisonous so make sure you don't ignore the signs!

Toxic mold can come in many forms and is poisonous so make sure you don’t ignore the signs!

Mold isn’t something that is always easy to spot and there are also several different types as well. The one that you should be most concerned with is toxic mold, which can actually affect your health. Mold thrives in an environment with a lot of moisture. You want to catch mold in its early stages because it can spread really quickly and cost a lot to get rid of. Here are some signs that you may have toxic mold growing in your home. 

Musty Odor

If there is a old, musty odor throughout your home, even after thoroughly cleaning it a few times, this could be a sign of toxic mold. This is commonly the very first and most telling sign that mold is growing. Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not there. If you have a moldy smell throughout your home and can’t pinpoint where it’s coming from, it could be inside or underneath something, so make sure you look carefully.

Allergy Symptoms

It is very odd if you have never suffered from allergies before and all of a sudden start to feel stuffy and irritated. Maybe, you do have allergies, but they tend to always worsen when you are inside of your home. If your symptoms are only triggered when you’re in your home, this could be a red flag that there is toxic mold growing somewhere. Some common allergy symptoms that can result from mold are a runny nose, sneezing, congestion, and irritated eyes. You want to address this issue as soon as possible because prolonged exposure to toxic mold can lead to dizziness, headaches, and even memory loss.

Visible Signs

Mold can appear in many different physical forms. If you see any greenish-black areas or slimy textured areas anywhere in your home, you should contact a professional. Surprisingly, early stages of mold can simply look like dirt so if is something that does not go away when you try to clean it, it could be toxic mold.

Water Issues

If your home has had any problems with moisture or flooding, it is a lot more likely that toxic mold could be growing somewhere. Discolored walls, ceilings, or floors can be a sign that mold is growing due to previous water damage. Your wallpaper or paint may begin to crack or peel. The basement is one of the most common areas for water damage to occur because it is an area that accumulates more moisture. If you know that you home has had issues with water, it is a good idea to consult a mold professional just to make sure that your home is safe.

Waterproofing From All Aspects

Waterproofing If you are ready to get a professional to waterproof your home’s basement, contact All Aspects Waterproofing, a Better Business Bureau A+ rated company with over 30 years of experience in the Washington, DC./Maryland/Virginia area. We have a great deal of experience in waterproofing, mold testing, and mold remediation, and we want to make you feel at home again. Contact us online or by calling 1-866-999-3110 or 301-766-4420.  To see what we’re up to, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Houzz.

 

 

This entry was posted on Friday, March 16th, 2018 at 3:52 pm. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.

###Multiple form trigger