Should I Waterproof My Basement?
Basement waterproofing is a long-lasting solution to the age-old problem of basement flooding. If you find yourself walking downstairs to a flooded basement after a thunderstorm and are tired of paying for restoration services, it’s time to invest in basement waterproofing. Why is basement waterproofing a great choice for so many Maryland and Washington, D.C. area homeowners?
What Does Basement Waterproofing Do?
Professional basement waterproofing keeps water from entering your basement. Some of the biggest benefits of professional basement waterproofing include:
- A clean, dry living space that you can use without fear of flooding
- Added square footage to your home if you choose to finish your basement and add carpeting
- Not needing to spend money on water damage restoration after large storms
- Prevent small amounts of moisture from the humid climate from entering your basement
- Stopping mold and mildew growth
- Increasing the value of your home if you put it on the market
Why Is Water in the Basement a Bad Thing?
Some homeowners are so used to basement flooding that they are no longer bothered by it. They expect it every time a big storm hits and take care of it with a shop vac and some old towels. However, basement flooding is anything but good for your home and family. Basement flooding can lead to:
- Cracked and damaged walls
- The slow sinking of your home due to foundation damage
- Ruined basement flooring
- Mold growth
- A musty smell
- Bowed walls that will make your home legally unlivable
As you can tell, basement waterproofing is a serious business. Any water that has accumulated in your basement should be taken seriously and removed as quickly as possible.
Trust the Professionals
All Aspects Waterproofing has years of experience waterproofing interior and exterior areas of homes. Basement waterproofing will ensure that pipes and drains will prevent basement flooding and channel water out of our basement and away from your home. Vapor barriers will prevent mold and mildew growth. All of the interior parts of basement waterproofing will connect to the outside to complete the system.
Basement Waterproofing from All Aspects Waterproofing
If you are ready to get a professional to waterproof your home’s basement, contact All Aspects Waterproofing, a Better Business Bureau A+ rated company with over 30 years of experience in the Washington, DC./Maryland/Virginia area. We have a great deal of experience in waterproofing, mold testing, and mold remediation, and we want to make you feel at home again. Contact us online or by calling 1-866-999-3110 or 301-766-4420. To see what we’re up to, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Houzz.